Certification Program for Professional Medical Tourism Coordinators – Facilitators
Temos Hellas launches the international training program of Temos, in the field of Professional Specialization and Certification for MEDICAL TOURISM COORDINATORS- FACILITATION EXPERTS, in Greece.
Implementation Body: TRAINING CENTRE FOR PROFESSIONALS- KEK NEA GNOSI
Supported by GOLDAIR TOURISM S.A.
CERTIFICATION BODY: Q CERTIFICATION H&R Ltd
The implementation of the certification program is performed under the authorization and supervision of the Greek Medical Tourism Council – ELITOUR.
Medical Tourism Coordinator/Facilitator is a modern expert, necessary for the formation and development of the medical and health tourism niche market with professionalism, being at the same time a direct mediator between patients and healthcare providers. Medical tourism facilitators and their coordinators guide the patients through the process of securing and achieving quality and affordable treatment and procedures at attractive and reliable destinations-both internationally and domestically.
The total duration of the program is 60-75 hours and is addressed to graduates /employees of the tourism industry, the advertisement/promotion/marketing sectors and healthcare industry.
In order to attend the courses, a very good knowledge of the English language by the attendee, is a precondition.
Their contribution is rather critical in the following issues
- Serving as liaison and mediator between patients and healthcare providers and tourism enterprises
- Formulating the product of health/ medical tourism and developing the appropriate business plan for the particular segment
- Identification process induction of potential risks and establishing cooperation with reliable healthcare providers
- Bringing up contractual agreements taking into consideration valid regulations and the currently applied legal frame
- Understanding the complex travel arrangements in combination to the complicated medical procedures
- Breakdown language and cultural barriers
- Making critical preparations linked to critical for the medical tourist’s life, incidents.
The training program has been designed to lead to qualifications’ certification of international recognition and range, in two levels:
Level 1: Medical Tourism Assistant Coordinator,
Level 2: Medical Tourism Executive Coordinator,
depending on the educational level, background and professional experience of the trainees.
The training program consists of 4 Training Modules.
TRAINING PROGRAM MODULES (for MTC – Assistants & Executives)